Our client a Global Freight Forwarding company based in Richmond, BC is seeking a strong team-oriented individual who has excellent communication skills and a strong attention to detail. A professional demeanor, flexible attitude and a warm personality is required.
- The Customs Rater performs clerical rating duties requiring analysis and judgment.
- The Customs Rater does routine and some complex rating and classification functions; therefore the individual must be familiar with all rating and supporting documents for conformity to tariff and customs regulations.
- Classifying and releasing shipments
- Submitting files for billing
- Creating accounting documents
- Daily communication/customer service with clients and colleagues
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of Customs rules, regulations and tariffs; Ability to rate shipments with correct HS code
- Customer service driven
- Must have an above average working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Ability to learn and use other applications
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Direct experience interacting with medium and large size organizations
Please submit your resume in confidence to : firstname.lastname@example.org